Taken from the flyer for the event:
On 30th September Cotswold Airport is throwing open its gates to the public for a twelve-hour vintage and wartime extravaganza to raise funds for The Royal British Legion and Flying 4 Freedom.
In what is set to be an unforgettable and incredible day packed full of dramatic re-enactments and demonstrations; sensational attractions; hundreds of vintage and military vehicles; lots of exciting activities for all the family; and plenty of entertainment, this event is the launch of what will become an annual show held each year at Cotswold Airport – one of the most unique venues for events in the South West.
Star features not to be missed on the day include:
– A huge display of vintage, military and emergency services vehicles and planes
– A kids play zone with giant inflatable slide, toddler play zone, vintage pedal cars, and entertainment by the incredible stilt-walking magician Mr Bamboozle
– Wartime re-enactments
– Steam traction engines
– Control tower and airside tours (limited availability)
– Pleasure flights in light aircraft and helicopters
– Hot air balloon rides
– Model aircraft static display
– Live period music
– Airport fire crew crash demo of a rescue from a burning aircraft
– Incredible rescue demonstration by a lifeboat hovercraft
– Family dog show
– Vintage plane flypasts
– Beer tent and food
– Shopping stalls
All culminating in a jaw-dropping hot air balloon night glow to music … not to be missed!
A somewhat cold and windy day – strange how all airports seem too be windy!!! Looking forward to its return next year when it promises to be a 2 day event. Hopefully a good amount raised for charity based on the large attendance that we saw whilst we were there!
and my images form the event: